MBV’s impact on the community and the state has garnered significant recognition over the years. In addition to the many letters of thanks and support, the organization has received the following acknowledgements and recognition:
City of San Diego proclamation; May 25th , 2005 was Monterey Bay Veterans Day
- City of San Diego; Key to the City.
- Monterey County ADA Commission award for our Physically Challenged Transportation Assistance program.
- State Assembly Proclamation recognizing and commending MBV Inc. “for outstanding contributions it has made to California Veterans”.
- State Senate recognition “for an exemplary record of service”.
- Bravo channel filmed and broadcast nationally a thirty minute special covering the annual wheelchair derbies and the participants.
- A portion of the Freedom tour in 2007 was filmed by Time Warner News and broadcast nationally during the presidential debates.
- Most recently, both houses of the California State legislature passed resolutions in recognition of Monterey Bay Veterans 25 years of service to disabled veterans.